Anita Lindon (previously the Mental Capacity Act Co-ordinator, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Team, Lancashire County Council) will be delivering a session on Best Interests Decision Making Refresher.
The workshop will re-visit the basics of determining best interests for people who lack capacity to make the specific decision for themselves, including role of Decision Maker.
What to record when making a best interest decision, and who else should be involved in the process.
There will also be an update of any relevant caselaw.
By the end of the session you will be able to identify:
· What a Best Interests decision is.
· Who can make such decisions.
· When a decision needs to be made.
· Who should contribute to the process.
· How the service user should be involved in the process.
· The role of others in the process.
· Be able to identify appropriate recording methods.
· Understand the legal framework for defensible decision making.
The session will be delivered via a presentation and group work using case studies, for you to see how to put learning into practice in real life scenarios.
N.B. Networking Partnership Members receive a 20% discount on this workshop.
For more info contact Neil Byers on 07377 712002